You screw up with lots of people watching?
Do you stand there frozen, feeling like an idiot? Vomit? Apologize quickly?
Or, do you:
- Laugh at yourself.
- Appreciate that it could have been worse.
- Realize that people enjoy top performers’ moments of imperfection.
- Take steps to avoid doing it again.
- Deal with it by writing about the experience.
- Use the experience to study how people reacted.
- Laugh at yourself some more.
Yeah. The latter. All of it.
What else are you gonna do?
[Inspired by this email I just sent to 50% of my Life is NOYOKE list. ]