Things I would tell my 13-year old self:
- Embrace the weird. You won’t look, sound, smell that strange ever again.
- Accept imperfection. 99% of your audience won’t notice mistakes. The 1% who do doesn’t care.
- Watch yourself speak. Best way to improve confidence.
- Don’t compare savings account (or schmeckle) size. They change and don’t really matter after high school.
- Ditch the TV, get a guitar. Serves the same purpose for introverts. The latter has much more long-term benefit.
- Back up your music collection to Dropbox (not an external hard drive).
- Get pictures with grandparents. Just you and them.
Who knows, though. Would I be where I am today if I wasn’t an awkward, self-conscious, lazy, scared, envious little bitch?
Guess that’s the fun of looking back.
[Happy bar mitzvah anniversary to me.]