I’ve been a consultant since freshman year of college.
- Lab Consultant: The guy working in the undergrad computer lab.
- HSF Consultant: The guy on your HSF project team.
- Health and Wellness Consultant. The guy behind Life is NOYOKE.
Actually I’ve been a consultant for much longer. And the list of things I consult on is much longer, too.
IT, finance, taxes, accounting, personal electronics, SEO, marketing, plumbing, Craigslist, Ebay, cooking, fitness, directions, gift-giving, menu-picking. Got an urgent question? Cool.
I’m a consultant. I fix problems.
When I get the call, I am almost always able to find a fix.
But in nearly every case, those in need were happier when I helped them find the fix on their own.
- Wait an hour to reply to “urgent” emails.
- Ask open-ended questions in response to their questions.
- Get really excited when they figure it out on their own.