You can use grains of rice. Or, M&M’s.
Or for something more neat, a simple grid, like tic-tac-toe, where every enclosed box represents a week. With that, you could represent your whole life (in weeks) on single sheet of paper.
The points are these:
- Your weeks are finite.
- The early ones are up to your parents.
- The late ones are up to your kids (or, perhaps more your relationship with them and theirs).
- The middle ones are up to you.
- Live for today, but not so much where tomorrow is a disaster.
- Live to make others’ weeks great, but not so much where yours never are.
- Don’t forget the first point.
So, how’s your week going?
[HT to a phenomenal piece from Wait But Why on visualizing your life in weeks]